Saturday, March 7, 2009

surprise lamb


Surprise! Found a newborn lamb in the sheep pen with proud mama on Friday morning. I didn't expect lambs until the end of this month. The little guy is doing well and was testing out his legs last night by hopping and running about the pen. His mom has had a single lamb every year-I'd like to see twins but have resigned myself to singles from her. Her sister always has twins. The ewes are Clun Forest sheep which originated in the Clun Forest between Wales and England-dark face and legs. Papa is a Cheviot cross (Cheviot Hills-between Scotland and England) and is white-faced. Hence the little one's spotty appearance. 

The chocolate soap is curing and turning more chocolate-colored every day. I'll make the fruity scent this coming week.

2 comments:

  1. too cute! Farm life is so foreign to me, I'm glad you know what you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet lamb! I'd love to try playing with fibers. I think I'll look for a carder.

    ReplyDelete